Paradise High School
Department of Agriculture Science
338 School House Road, Paradise, TX 76073
Steve Bradshaw Mark Rector
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! We are very excited about this year and the new opportunities that lie ahead of us. The Paradise Agriculture Science Department has had an exciting summer and we look forward to having your student in class with us this year.
The Paradise Agriculture Science Department has a lot to offer your student. The greenhouse is a great asset for our students enrolled in our horticulture classes. Our Shop is fully functional and we are certifying approximately 20 kids a year in Industrial Safety through our Ag Mechanics and Metal Fabrication classes. Students are receiving their Hunter Ed Certifications through our Wildlife and Fisheries Course and we offer a dual credit course with Weatherford Junior College in welding.
All students enrolled in 8th – 12th grade agriculture science classes are automatically members of the FFA, the nation’s largest youth organization. The Texas FFA Association is the largest state association with more than115,000 active members and nearly 10,000 junior members. The FFA organization develops both leadership skills and responsibility. The FFA has many benefits including scholarships, awards, leadership opportunities, fun, and much more.
Currently all 8th grade Ag Science Students received full high school credit for completing 8th grade Ag. This has allowed us to offer more Career Pathways in high school for our students. This has allowed us to add advanced Horticulture and Vet Science to our curriculum this year
It is our goal to help each of our students to reach his/her goals and highest potential. We believe that our program not only teaches agriculture science, but also stresses the importance of career and leadership development.
Please take a look at our classroom discipline plan. We believe that this plan demonstrates the key elements for a successful classroom environment. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of us. Let’s have a great year!
Steve Bradshaw, AST Mark Rector, AST
Paradise Agriculture Science Department
Classroom Discipline Plan
- Students should be prompt and prepared for class.
- Respect all people and their property, including the classroom, shop, and the greenhouse.
- Food, gum, candy, or drinks in the classroom, shop, or greenhouse are not allowed.
- Foul or insulting language will not be tolerated.
- Students are not allowed in the Printer/Laptop Storage room without approval.
- The teacher’s desks and chairs are off limits to students.
- Sitting on the desks in classrooms is not allowed.
- All homework is to be handed in on time and completed on the date assigned by the teacher.
- Absent assignments are due on the following day after you return. For each day absent, you have that many days to make up the assignment.
- Respect the teacher. Listening is vital for learning and shop safety.
- All classroom rules apply in the shop and greenhouse.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves appropriately; horseplay in the shop/greenhouse cannot be tolerated, due to safety procedures.
- Listen and follow directions given by the teacher.
- Eye protection is required in the shop.
- Clean up after yourself and return tools to their proper storage places.
- Observe all warning signs.
- Notify the teacher immediately of any accident or tool malfunction.
- Know the locations of the nearest fire extinguisher and first aid equipment.
- If you have any questions or you are unsure of something, please ask the teacher.
- 1st Offense: Verbal Warning
- 2nd Offense: Discipline referral to office Parent Phone Call
- 3rd Offense: Detention & Parent/Teacher/Student Conference
- 4th Offense: Detention or ISS, removal of student to principal
*Severe misbehavior, such as fighting and profanity will result in immediate removal from the classroom to the principal’s office.
*We do expect our students to be well behaved and represent our school in a positive manner on all school trips. Misbehavior on these trips will be handled fairly by the advisor(s). All school rules apply on field trips. In case of severe misbehavior the student will be sent home and/or lose the privilege to attend any other trips sponsored by the Paradise Agriculture Science Department or Paradise FFA.
Parent Signature_________________________ Student Signature_______________________